Here are a few of my favorites.
1. The Volcano Restaurant in Perissa on Santorini Island, Greece
We walked out to the shore after ordering to dip our toes in the water on the black sand beach while they prepared our food. Perfection.
On the other side of the island, we went to a couple restaurants (see: Mama Thira Tavern) on the cliffs in Fira and the views there are pretty amazing too. I don’t think you can really go wrong anywhere here.
2. In Shanghai, China, restaurants on either side of Pudong offer great views, especially at night. One of the best is Morton’s The Steakhouse in IFC mall. Call ahead and ask for the private room with a view of the Pearl Tower and arrive right before dusk. You’ll get to watch Shanghai light up before your eyes.
3. On the other side of the river in Shanghai, Mr & Mrs Bund also has an incredible view from their al fresco balcony.
4. Caprice at the Four Seasons in Hong Kong has a magnificent view of Victoria Harbor from almost anywhere in the restaurant, except the chef’s table that sits in the middle of the wine and cheese cellars. I was so amazed by the food, I forgot to take pictures of the view, so I had to steal someone else’s:
5. And for one a little closer to home, I like the views from FrontRunner at the Santa Anita Racetrack in Arcadia, California. The food is amazing and the San Gabriel Mountains are a majestic backdrop and welcome distraction from the craziness that is happening during the races.